Monday 16 July 2012

Sherbet receives a postcard from a tropical island

What a wonderful surprise I had this morning. The postman with the red van brought me a delightful postcard from one of my very dear friends who is on holiday in a tropical island far far far far far away.  How different it looks from my garden at Clover Cottage.
 I can see banana trees and pineapples and humming birds and hibiscus flowers. Pearl told me that I could make tea with hibiscus,  it would make a nice change from my peppermint tea.  I don't think I can make banana tea but I do know that I can make banana cake !  Yummy what a wonderful thought.  I do not have a banana tree here at Clover Cottage but I do have some bananas in my kitchen and I am going to start making a scrumptious, healthy, delicious cake right away !  I will put some nuts in it too as I do love crunchy bits in my cakes. I will invite Doodle, Mango and Pearl to share it with me. Oh what a lovely treat, scrummy, nutty, moist, slices of  banana cake.  Love Sherbetx

No comments: