Friday 4 January 2013

Sherbet has an unexpected guest

Oh dear.  You will never guess who I have staying with me here at Clover Cottage.  It is Doodle's cousin Dylan dog.  He lives in a town quite a distance from Wiggleway Lane and  is rather a different type of character to Doodle,  as cousins so often are.
 You see, Doodle is a very creative dog who lives a very quiet life and loves to be alone in his design studio where he works in silence most of the day (apart from the bird song and the sounds of nature all around  him.)   His cousin likes to play loud music and dance all day long and that really does not suit the peaceful atmosphere that Doodle needs for his work, so he has asked me if I would welcome Dylan to my home for a few days. Of course I said yes, even though I too lead a very peaceful life.
 I wondered whether I had made the right decision though when I awoke this morning to the sound of a big thumping drum beat vibrating the windows of my cottage. Oh my goodness that did feel a little alien for my quiet country life but I do like to help others when I can so I will put ear plugs into my  ears and  be a perfect host!   I will see you all again tomorrow. Please do wish me luck with my very lively guest!
Love from Sherbet x

No comments: