Tuesday 4 June 2013

Sherbet is feeling very sad at the grave of Prince John

 Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear, I am so sorry you have not heard from me for lots of days.
As you can see I am still being a bit of a tourist and looking around the countryside in the county of Norfolk in this wonderfully green and pleasant land called England.
 You may be wondering what I am doing looking so sad sitting at this grave stone.  Well, you see, this is a churchyard very, very near to the magnificent  country house in Sandringham,  where the British Royal family all love to gather, especially at Christmas time to walk their corgis, to go horse riding and to enjoy the peace and quiet.  This little grave is of  Prince John,  you may not have heard of him as he died when he was only 13 years old.  If you look closely in my pictures you can see the words written on the grave stone.  Prince John was the 5th son of King George V and Queen Mary, the present Queen of England's grandparents.
 You can see that he was born on July 12th 1905 and died January 18th in the year 1919.  Oh what a long time ago that was.  I do hope he  doesn't mind me sitting next to his resting place but I am feeling very sad that he could not have lived longer on this planet.  I am sure though that he is now playing in lovely green fields filled with wild flowers and is very happy in his new home.
 Love from Sherbetx

No comments: