Saturday 27 October 2012

Today is HUG A SHEEP DAY!


What a happy cuddly day it is today. It is a very special day.  It is HUG A SHEEP DAY !!! Yippee that means I should get lots of hugs.
 I must say that this morning I went for a lovely relaxing walk along Wiggleway Lane to visit the animals at  Greengate Farm.  I wandered in the gate to see if anyone there wanted to hug me.  I went to see the cows in the fields,  I asked Buttercup, Daisy and Gertrude if any of them would like to hug me for Hug a Sheep Day.
I must say I was very surprised when they told me  that they did not want to hug me, they were more interested in eating their grass,   I went on to see the goats,  they were the same goats that came to my very special Olympic day. They were too busy climbing a pile of logs to hug me so I went to see the hens, they just pecked my green rubber boots,  no hugs there either.  Oh dear, I really did think there was more love in the world !   I did not give up though,  I visited the big beautiful brown carthorse.  He was much bigger than me and I am sad to say he didn't even see me !  He was swishing his tail and was more interested in keeping the naughty flies away.
 Oh dear,  Oh dear,  Oh dear,  I was beginning to feel that I was unlovable.
 I slowly walked home feeling rather invisible.  I could not believe that on this very special hug a sheep day, nobody wanted to hug me.
 I arrived back at Clover Cottage and guess what happened then.  My lovely piggy friend, my Valentine piggy friend rushed up to me and said HAPPY HUG A SHEEP DAY SHERBET!  She gave me a great big, enormous, cuddly, warm, lovely, affectionate hug and I was SO HAPPY.  All day I had wanted someone to hug me for HUG A SHEEP DAY and there she was waiting for me.  I invited her in to my cosy kitchen to share a delicious bowl of rainbow coloured fruit salad with me.
 Love from a very happy, thoroughly hugged Sherbet Sheepx
HAPPY HUG A SHEEP DAY TO ALL OF MY DEAR SHEEP FRIENDS BOTH NEARBY AND FAR FAR AWAYXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

1 comment:

thecrazysheeplady said...

And don't forget all your virtual hugs from all of the sheep at Equinox Farm :-).