Friday 4 May 2012

Sherbet dreams of rhubarb pie

Last night I had a delectable dream. It was so wonderful because I was dreaming all night long about eating Pearl's home made rhubarb pie. Of course, in real life I know she hasn't made it yet because I am still waiting for the rhubarb plant in my garden to grow big enough and tall enough and ripe enough and ready enough to pick.  As I woke up with my head full of rhubarb pie, I jumped out of bed and rushed straight out of my kitchen door to go and check on my rhubarb plant. I had hoped that some kind of miracle might have happened and that I would find a lusciously huge plant, like some kind of Jack and the beanstalk story, but no, it still was not ready to pick.  Oh dear, no pie for me just yet, I will just have to be patient and let nature do it's work. Love from Sherbetx

1 comment:

thecrazysheeplady said...

That's a great picture of you with your rhubarb! We are about ready to harvest some here and make a couple pies.