Thursday 16 February 2012

Lost strangers in Wiggleway Lane

I woke up to the usual quiet and peaceful morning here at Clover Cottage. All I could hear were the birds singing their dawn chorus in my oak tree and my fruit trees. I sat at my breakfast table enjoying my delicious breakfast of porridge followed by toast, butter and the scrumptious strawberry jam that Pearl made for me. All was calm, as it always is so I was very surprised to hear the sound of what sounded like cars and motor bikes outside in Wiggleway Lane! This, I thought, could not be true as Wiggleway Lane is only a small lane and Clover Cottage is right at the end so only my friends or the animals from The farm ever come this way. I opened my front door and to my surprise I did see traffic. There was a blue van and also a motor scooter. They had stopped by my garden gate and coming towards me were some dogs and cats that I had never met before. 


I said welcome to Clover Cottage and introduced myself. They told me that they were lost and asked me to show them the way to the farm at the end of Wiggleway Lane. They had come from a village far far away and were visiting their relatives at the farm for the first time. I offered them all a lovely mug of hot chocolate in my kitchen and then gave them directions to the farm which they must have already passed but as there is no name on the farm it was easy to miss. How lovely to meet new friends from far far away. I was so glad that I could help them, make them something to drink and show them the way to their destination.

No comments: