Thursday 23 February 2012

Homemade jam proudly displayed

Pearl arrived at my kitchen door just in time for breakfast. She had a gift for me. She was carrying six lovely rainbow coloured jars of homemade jam in all shapes and sizes.  She told me that Doodle had painted special labels for her to stick on the jars and that Mango had helped to cut out circles of pretty cotton fabric to cover the lids with. How pretty they are, they will  look absolutely perfect in my kitchen. In fact they are so lovely, that I am going to display them on the shelves in my kitchen  like works of art and not in the cupboard where they would be hidden away. I am very sure that Pearl, Doodle and Mango are all very proud of the beautiful jars of jam that they all helped to create. Pearl  reminded me that the fruit had been grown by me in my amazing garden. Oh yes ! I had forgotten that I had also played my part in this wonderful row of jam jars that I am so proudly displaying on my kitchen shelf !

No comments: