Thursday 12 January 2012

Sherbet finds a basket of oranges on his doorstep

This morning when I opened my door, I saw that  someone had left a huge basket of oranges on my doorstep. How absolutely lovely and kind of someone to do that. There was no note so I do not know who it was from. It is very mysterious. I took them inside and cut some of them in half and squeezed them to make lovely fresh orange juice with lovely orangey bits floating around in it. I set my table for breakfast and sat down to eat my toast and homemade strawberry jam (made by Pearl).  I drank my perfect orange juice slowly enjoying every sip, it was just so delicious. I have enough oranges to last me for several days and also I will share them with Doodle, Mango and Pearl too so that they can enjoy this lovely, juicy orangey taste. I will sit down today under my apple tree and  think carefully who it could be that could leave me such a wonderful gift. I count my blessings every day and I am so grateful that there are so many people who care about me in this world.

No comments: