Friday 30 December 2011

Some prickly hedgehogs move in to Sherbet's garden

Oh what a delight!
When I went into my garden this morning . I found  several  prickly hedgehogs waiting for me there.  I had never seen them before so I invited them to stay and live in my garden. One of them was very shy and afraid of me so he curled up in a prickly ball when he saw me  but the others were very happy to see me and started to roll around playfully . I knew they may have travelled a long way to reach my garden and may be very thirsty so I went into my kitchen and brought them out some saucers of milk. They drank the milk gratefully and then I showed them a special, cosy, leafy corner under some bushy bushes where they could live. 
They loved their new home and now that I have some new little creatures living in my garden I will be sure to order more milk from the milkman every day. I have given them names. I call them Helly Hedgehog, Henry Hedgehog, Hannah Hedgehog and Herbie Hedgehog. I hope they like their new names and will be very happy in their new home. They are very welcome to live in my garden as long as they like.


No comments: