Saturday 31 December 2011

Sherbet gets a late Christmas present

What a lovely surprise I had this morning. There was a knock on the door and there stood the postman who delivers letters and parcels in Wiggleway Lane. I was really very happy to see him as we had such a lot of snow over Christmas that he had not managed to get to my cottage in his red postman's van.  I had been worried that his van had been stuck in the snow. He handed me a package and inside, cleverly wrapped inside a pretty Christmas stocking were 2 lovely little books. How beautiful they were. One was from my dear old friend Sheila Sheep and one was from a new friend of mine called Mark Mole who I met when I went to stay with Sheila Sheep at the seaside. It was so very kind of them both to think of me at Christmas time. It makes me feel all warm and huggly to know I have such good friends who really care about me. I wish everyone in the whole world could have wonderful friends like I have.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww how lovely.