Thursday 22 December 2011

Christmas is coming, the geese are getting fat !

This one is for my old friend Reg.  It is a Christmas nursery rhyme and also a Christmas carol that he taught to my dear friends Pearl and Doodle last December. It is from a long time ago when they had different money in England.

Christmas is coming the geese are getting fat.
Please put a penny in the old man's hat.
If you haven't got a penny, a ha'penny will do.
If you haven't got a ha'penny, Then  GOD BLESS YOU !



Today, Mango helped me to collect lots of shiny green holly from the holly trees in my garden. We  had to be very careful not to scratch ourselves as the holly is very prickly. I will decorate my cottage with it. It has the most beautiful red berries too. Pearl, Doodle and Mango are coming here for Christmas day. I am still wondering what to give them as Christmas presents .

No comments: