Thursday 15 March 2012

The best things in life are free

 I woke up after a very good nights sleep full of sweet dreams. The sun was shining down on my flower garden this morning and it was lovely and warm outside so I decided to have a pleasant walk around my garden to check that all the little creatures were living happily and had nothing to worry about. I could see that the hedgehogs were drinking their milk and the birds had eaten all of the breadcrumbs that Mango had sprinkled on the grass for them. I could see that the caterpillars were content nibbling away at the lettuce leaves and  the whole scene was a perfect picture of peace. Then the most wonderful thing happened. Hundreds of butterflies fluttered up from my flowerbed right in front of my eyes and speckled  the sky with all the colours of  the rainbow. It was more beautiful than anything  I could ever have imagined.  What a joy to be surrounded by such a wonderful gift of nature. Pearl told me that the best things in life are free and I do see the truth of that every day in my precious garden.

No comments: