Thursday 21 May 2015

Sherbet thinks he can see St Francis praying in the cave.

Here I am dear friends sitting at the entrance to one of the caves St Francis came to sleep in, I am on a mountain top called La Verna and this was one of the retreats of St Francis. I have been inside the cave and seen where St Francis slept and I realise how lucky I am to have my comfy bed at Clover Cottage . Oh dear , when I went  inside the cave I saw a rocky, uncomfortable looking ledge and I cannot imagine how St Francis managed to fall asleep there.
I am seeing something a little bit creepy in this photograph, look to the left and middle of the cave, can you see that it looks like St Francis with his hands together in prayer, there is a little triangle of flesh colour right in the middle of the darkness and I can see dark brown robes to the left of the cave!
 I think  it is St Francis himself praying in there. I keep seeing people here that look real but  I do not think they are really real as they look to be from another time  and I think they should already be settled in the next life otherwise they must be at least 800 years old and their beards are not long enough for that. Love Sherbetx

2 comments:

KathyB. said...

This is very interesting ( and a little bit creepy! ). It helps to put things in perspective when you see how so many people lived so many years ago , makes me appreciate my very comfy bed and pillows !

Sheepmom said...

I see St. Francis too! How interesting. I hope he is actually at rest and it is the place remembering him there that we are seeing. Old, old places have long memories and St. Francis was important so the thought of him stays there. How wonderful that this place may well remember YOU long years from now.