Friday 3 April 2015

Happy Easter from Sherbet Sheep sitting in a patch of daisies.

Happy Easter to all of my friends from nearby and far far away.
 As you can see I am sitting here surrounded by beautiful little daisies. Oh how I love these simple little flowers.
 I remember making daisy chains when I was just a little lamb. I would sit on the grass as I am doing now and I would make a little hole in the stalk of one daisy and then I would thread another daisy stalk through the hole, then I would do the same again and again and again until I had a long chain of daisies, when the chain was finished I would attach the 2 ends together and make a garland for my neck or my head . I always tried to pick daisies with the longest stalks. Some of you may think that it is a girly thing to do and I am boy but I don't see why boys should not enjoy and wear daisies too. 
 I am not sure if I can remember properly but I think there is a saying that if you can step on 3 daisies then Springtime has arrived. Well here I am sitting on hundreds of daisies in my garden at Clover Cottage so I do think Springtime has definitely arrived. 
Love from Sherbet your Springtime sheep

No comments: