Friday 27 September 2013

Sherbet has been trapped in Clover Cottage !

Oh my dearest loyal friends from nearby and far far away.   How I have missed you all.  You have probably been thinking that I have dropped off the face of the earth but in fact I have been inside Clover Cottage this whole time .    Let me tell you why.
 Well, I forgot to mention to you that I have had a big creeping  ivy plant crawling all over my cottage, and the last time I was in my garden, I looked at it and  I thought I must cut it down or tidy it up a bit. It is very beautiful and glows in many shades of red and green,  BUT  it seemed to be taking over my home like an alien from another planet and I was becoming a little bit afraid of it because every time I looked out of my kitchen window it had grown a little bit more.   Last week I tried to get out of my cottage to water my plants and guess what ??   I couldn't get out !  The ivy had grown all over my kitchen door,  all over my front door and all over my windows. Oh my goodness,  I was trapped inside and I could not get out to tend to my garden or to write my stories.  Oh dear, Oh dear what was I to do?   Luckily I have very well stocked kitchen cupboards so I had plenty to eat and drink until help came but I was very worried about all the little creatures in my garden.  Who would give the hedgehogs their milk, who would make sure the caterpillars had enough lettuce, who would make sure the baby blackbirds in the nest were being fed enough by their mother. Oh dear, Oh dear, I was so worried.
 I had to wait patiently for so many days trapped in my cottage and I was so very grateful when  this morning I heard Doodle calling from outside.  I called back and told him where to find my big garden axe.    A few minutes later I heard him chopping and chopping ,  cutting down that naughty ivy .   Oh what bliss, my kitchen door suddenly burst open and there was my dear friend Doodle standing there with a big smile on his face. I ran out into the fresh garden air and gave him a huge hug. He was covered in bits of chopped ivy so I invited him in to Clover Cottage to have a lovely hot bath with my favourite lavender perfumed bubble bath.  All is well now and I am free again .  I have learnt my lesson and will not let ivy take over my cottage again .
 I am very grateful and very blessed to have a wonderful friend like Doodle to rescue me .
 Love from Sherbetx

No comments: